Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Salad!

My youngest daughter LOVES salad!  She was so excited when she saw the lunch I was making her...it was adorable!  It was nice to make something other than a PB&J for a change!  This is my second time using our new Yubo lunch box.   I have to say, I really like it!  It's on the large size, but the girls don't seems to mind and it gives me a lot of space to work with!

  • Romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, carrots and cherry tomatoes with Italian dressing on the side.  I used small heart cutters to make the cucumbers and carrots into hearts.
  • Vanilla yogurt with a strawberry heart
  • "Healthy" chocolate muffin with "XOXO" sprinkles.   Note:  I made the muffins according to the directions in the link.   However, instead of a sugar substitute, I made them with real sugar.  I would prefer my girls to have the "real stuff", even if it makes them higher calorie. And, no, mine look NOTHING like the picture on the website but they taste REALLY good!
Here are some of the items I used when making this lunch:

1 comment:

  1. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.

    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing
    a blog article or vice-versa? My site discusses a
    lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!
    My page: click the following web page

    ReplyDelete