Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Evinrude!

I can't see a dragonfly without thinking of the adorable dragonfly named Evinrude in Disney's The Rescuers.

 
  • 3 mini dragonfly-shaped sandwiches, decorated with food safe markers
  • Green grapes with a dragon fly cupcake pick
  • Carrots with ranch
  • Hershey's minature candy bar
In addition to the product link above, here are some of the other items I used when creating this lunch:
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty lunch! Just puts a big smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have a question though - what do you do with the leftover bread and crust? I made breadcrumbs a few times, but didn't end up using them much! Are there any other ideas to use the leftover bread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, thanks for the message and question. Generally, I eat the scraps. The girls' scraps are mommy's lunch. However, some of my bento friends of come up with more creative things to do with scraps:
    http://www.easylunchboxes.com/blog/what-to-do-with-bento-scraps-no-waste-ideas-for-leftover-food-pieces/

    http://www.morethanyouraveragemom.com/2012/07/recipe-review-bento-bread-scrap-french.html

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Caren - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete